Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 20 and 21

Yesterday, my Bible reading began with Isaiah 55--Invitation to the Thirsty. I highlighted verses that meant something to me:
+55:8-9: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
I needed this reminder. Just because I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel does not mean I am not in His perfect plan. He is holding me. He sees and knows it all. I must rest in Him and know that He has everything in control. So, verse 12 came perfectly: "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees will clap their hands." How beautiful! We need to let go of our chains and learn to rejoice in His freedom, for He has already won all our battles!!

Today (March 21) I read about True Fasting. I wasn't that interested--Isaish 58 started off by talking about the wrong kind of fasting. But then God shifts it to the proper fasting:
58: 6: "Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? ...
(vs. 8) Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your Righteous One will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard. Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here I am."
This is what I needed. I'm waiting for my light to burst out but it is only through Him that that will happen. Praise God.

2 comments:

  1. "your healing will quickly appear" amen.
    Chelsea, your light shines so brightly. I am encouraged by your faith.

    ReplyDelete