Friday, March 23, 2012

these last few days

I have been spending a lot of my time with Jesus talking out loud. A lot of the time I'm expressing my frustrations. Sometimes I feel like I'm begging Him to help me out...but I don't need to beg, do I? I haven't been sensing God's love very strongly but I have a strong belief that it surrounds me and so I tell God that I believe it again, and again, and again in hopes that the thinking and speaking will bring about the feeling.

I am loving Deuteronomy. Chapter 7 is about holiness. It's about how God chose the Israelites out of aaaaalllllll the nations in the wold to be His. Verse 6 says, "For you are a holy people who belong to the Lord your God. Of all the people on earth, the Lord your God has chosen you to be his own special treasure." That's me, that's you. We are treasures of the King. Talk about value and worth...
Verses 21&22 say, "No, do not be afraid of those nations, for the Lord your God is among you, and he is a great and awesome God. The Lord your God will drive those nations out ahead of you little by little. You will not clear them away all at once, otherwise the wild animals would multiply too quickly for you." I can relate. There are some "nations" in my heart and life that only the strength of the Lord can conquer. So, patience for the journey and trust that God is ahead of my thoughts and feelings and doings. Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment