Tuesday, November 29, 2011

We ate lunch sitting on wooden benches around a wooden table. A basket of fresh cut bread sat in the middle of the table and flies buzzed around every now and again. The (mostly eggplant) buffet was rich in oil and salt. Outside were couples and men enjoying a slow lunch or cigarette. I wouldn't go back, but I'd do it again.

The approach of the holidays always has this funny effect on me. It's deeper and bigger and richer and more real with every year. I think it's because with each year my heart finds new places to be pulled when away. What could God possibly feel and think and know on a daily basis? I want to fly south and hold Hidaya against my chest. I want to talk with her, laugh with her, make faces at her. I want her to know that she is loved by ME. And God's love is a bajillion times the meager amount I have in my heart. OH THAT'S WHY HE SENT JESUS BECAUSE HE COULDN'T KEEP AWAY. "Rejoice, rejoice, Emmanuel shall come to thee oh Israel." !!! I'm getting it...little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment